THE BEAUTIFUL SMILE
of which you
a versatile option to correct
In Blainville, your dentist Dr. Emmanuelle Seica is pleased to offer you a full range of cosmetic dentistry services to help you regain the pleasure of a full smile. These services include dental veneers, which are a versatile option for correcting cosmetic problems.
During a consultation and through an examination of your teeth, our team will determine if dental veneers are a solution that will meet your needs. Depending on the problems affecting your teeth, we may suggest other treatment options, such as orthodontic care or teeth whitening.
What are dental veneers
and what are they used for ?
Dental veneers are thin shells, made of porcelain or composite, that are attached over the teeth that need to be improved. Each of these two materials has its advantages (see description below).
We use veneers to correct the color and shape of teeth that are discolored, worn or stained. Veneers are placed on the incisors and canines, the teeth that are most visible in the smile. They can also be used to fill in overly pronounced interdental spaces, giving a more uniform appearance to the smile. In short, you can consider veneers if you have teeth that need to be color corrected, if your teeth are slightly misaligned or too far apart, or if your teeth look worn.
However, it is important to know that veneers can only be placed on teeth that are healthy, even if they are damaged and look bad. The teeth must have enough natural structure to receive the veneers and to continue to perform their functions in the mouth. If the natural structure of your teeth is too affected and they are not strong enough to receive veneers, other treatment options should be considered.
& composite veneers
Porcelain dental veneers
- This is the type of veneer that offers the most aesthetic result. Porcelain veneers perfectly imitate the transparency and brilliance of natural teeth ;
- They are very resistant and have a longer life span than composite veneers. However, they are more expensive.
- They are made in a laboratory from impressions of the teeth. Two appointments are therefore necessary for their design and for putting them in place;
- LThe teeth that receive them must be prepared, which means that we remove a thin layer of enamel. It is therefore an irreversible treatment option. Porcelain veneers must be repaired or replaced when they break.
Composite dental veneers
- It is a more economical solution than porcelain veneers, but they are still more fragile ;
- They are made and shaped directly on the natural teeth in one appointment ;
- They last about 5 years, but can be easily repaired and replaced when needed;
- It is not necessary to prepare the natural teeth to place the composite veneers. They can be removed without any problem.