will be able to put you
Have a smile
smile is priceless.
With her qualifications in dental surgery, Dr. Seica offers you a complete service for the evaluation and extraction of your wisdom teeth in Blainville. By welcoming you to our state-of-the-art facilities, our team will put you at ease.
Because of the lack of space in the mouth, wisdom teeth are a problem for many people. They can cause pain, symptoms and even serious complications. This is why removing them is often the best solution to protect oral health.
Why are wisdom teeth often problematic ?
Wisdom teeth normally erupt around the age of 17-21 years. These teeth are a third group of molars, which have become unnecessary with human evolution and changes in our diet. We have evolved in such a way that the wisdom teeth lack the space to grow normally at the end of the dental arches. For this reason, it is common for wisdom teeth to erupt only partially (semi-included teeth), or to remain below the gum line (impacted teeth).
Semi-included teeth can be a gateway for bacteria to enter the jawbone and cause infection. Impacted teeth can deviate from their normal axis of rotation and put pressure on the roots of nearby teeth, which can damage them. Impacted teeth can also cause a cyst or tumor to form in the jaw.
Because of these complications, it is essential to evaluate wisdom teeth to determine if they need to be removed. During a complete oral examination and with the help of X-rays, your dentist will verify the position of these teeth and the complications they may cause. If he or she believes that it is relevant in your case, he or she may advise you to extract them as a preventive measure. Wisdom teeth extraction is a routine dental surgery, which is performed entirely at the clinic by our qualified dental surgeon, Dr. Seica. The procedure is performed under local anesthesia to prevent you from experiencing pain.
Wisdom teeth :
the importance of intervening
as a preventive measure
Why is preventive removal of wisdom teeth often recommended ?
- To prevent problems such as dental caries and gum disease caused by poor hygiene of wisdom teeth ;
- To prevent damage to other teeth caused by wisdom teeth that may put pressure on them.
- To preserve the health of the jaws and avoid the formation of cysts or tumors.
Wisdom teeth extraction : the procedure
- We provide local anesthesia to the areas of the mouth where the wisdom teeth are to be extracted. At our Blainville dental clinic, you can also take advantage of conscious sedation with nitrous oxide ;
- If the wisdom teeth are impacted or semi-impacted, an incision is made in the gums so that they can be extracted. In some cases, the teeth are cut into pieces to facilitate their extraction ;
- Stitches are used to close the surgical site ;
- Your dentist will offer you post-operative advice to help your mouth heal after the procedure.