A WELL ALIGNED
for a healthy
We always work
with your health
and your satisfaction in mind.
Orthodontics for children
With a full-service children’s orthodontic practice in Blainville, Dr. Seica is qualified to diagnose children’s bite and growth problems and to intervene to prevent associated complications.
Thanks to her training with the Canadian Occlusion Institute, our general dentist Dr. Seica can intervene with children to correct various types of orthodontic problems. The Emmanuelle Seica Dental Center wishes to offer all our young patients the chance to grow up with a healthy smile.
The orthodontic consultation during
an important step in childhood
The Canadian Dental Association recommends orthodontic consultation with a child as early as age 7. This is an ideal time to intervene with orthodontic treatment.
As the child’s permanent teeth begin to replace their primary teeth, the dentist is able to assess the development of their teeth and jaws. Even if the smile has not yet reached its “final” appearance, it is still possible to detect the presence of an emerging bite problem, or one that may be problematic in the future. If there is a problem, the right care can intercept it and, as the teeth develop, it will be easier to treat. The older the child, the longer the treatment may take as the teeth and jaws have developed further.
During the orthodontic consultation, we perform a complete examination of the child’s teeth and jaws. X-rays are often necessary to make an accurate assessment.
Diagnosis and interception of
of orthodontic problems in
What problems can be intercepted in
orthodontics for children ?
- Teeth alignment problems: “crooked” teeth, teeth that overlap, teeth that do not follow their normal axis of rotation ;
- Problems with the occlusion of the jaws: upper jaws too far forward or backward in relation to the lower jaw ;
- Insufficient space in the jaws to ensure the proper development of the permanent dentition ;
- Teeth that do not erupt normally (impacted teeth) or that erupt in the wrong place in the mouth.
What are the benefits of orthodontic treatment at a young age ?
- Prevent complex problems, which may be more expensive and take longer to treat ;
- Promote healthy child development ;
- Prevent oral problems associated with poorly positioned teeth and jaws ;
- Promote self-esteem for the child, who will grow up with a beautiful smile.
Implantology & Invisalign
Come and meet our team for a consultation in dental implantology or Invisalign orthodontics, whether for adults or for orthodontics from 5 years of age and up. This is the perfect opportunity to learn more about the treatment options available for your condition.